Here are some of the more notable happenings on Sept 6th in the last 115 years.
* in 1901, President William McKinley was assassinated in Buffalo, NY. Later President McKinley was honored by having the highest peak in the U.S. named after him, Mt. McKinley. That honor was recently taken away when the peak was renamed Mt. Denali.
* in 1941, Nazi Germany announced that all Jews age 6 and older must wear on their clothes the Star of David
* in 1995, Cal Ripken Jr played in his 2,131st consecutive game, breaking ironman Lou Gehrig’s record
* in 1997, over two billion people worldwide watched Princess Diana’s funeral
* in 2007, Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti died at age 71
Bootstraps 101 wants to remind our readers that each day is precious and life is a gift from God. Have a great Labor Day weekend!