Indiana vs. No. 3 Ohio State • Sat., Oct. 6 • When: 4 p.m. • Where: Ohio Stadium • TV: FOX • Play by play: Aaron Goldsmith • Analyst: Brady Quinn • Sideline: Bruce Feldman
HOMECOMING AT #THESHOE
• This year’s Homecoming will be the 105th recognized on campus and the game vs. Indiana is the 97th official Homecoming game. The Buckeyes are officially 71-19-5 in Homecoming games.
• Ohio State and Indiana are meeting for the 91st time. The Buckeyes lead the all-time series, 72-12-5 and have won 22 consecutive games dating back to 1991. The Buckeyes are 53-2-2 against IU since 1952.
SERIES QUICK FACTS
Largest Ohio State margin of victory: 56-0, 1957
Longest Ohio State winning streak: 23 (1960-1986)
Longest Indiana winning streak: 4 (1903-1913)
Largest Indiana margin of victory: 41-7, 1988
KNOW THY OPPONENT
• One of the oldest public universities west of the Allegheny Mountains, IU will celebrate its bicentennial in 2020. Enrollment this fall at IU Bloomington (46,416) surpassed the 40,000-student mark for the 10th consecutive year.
• IU Bloomington’s 1,937-acre campus in the rolling hills of southern Indiana is considered one of the five most beautiful campuses in the nation, as cited in Thomas Gaines’ book, “The Campus as a Work of Art.”
• Well-known IU alumni include Jonathan Banks, star of “Breaking Bad” and “Community”; Ryan Murphy, the creator of the popular television programs “Glee” and “Nip/Tuck”; Michael Higgins, Ireland’s ninth president; Mark Cuban, a successful business magnate and owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks; and Will Shortz, crossword puzzle editor for The New York Times.
FIVE NOTES TO KNOW
• Ohio State’s defense has 44 tackles for loss on the season, good for eighth best nationally. Dre’Mont Jones leads the way with 6.5 TFL for minus 36 yards. Ohio State’s defense is second in sacks with 19 and its 137 sack yards is also second nationally.
• WR KJ Hill has caught a pass in 25 consecutive games dating back to the 2016 season. He has at least four receptions in every game this year.
• QB Dwayne Haskins has multiple touchdown passes in each of the first five games this season.
• Ohio State ranked fourth nationally – and No. 1 among Power 5 programs – in total offense with an average of 557.0 yards per game.
• Ohio State has the second longest winning streak in the Football Bowl Subdivision The Buckeyes have won 10 consecutive games dating back to November of 2017. It’s the third double digit winning streak since the beginning of the 2012 season.