Michigan State vs. No. 10 Ohio State • Sat., Nov. 10 • When: Noon • Where: Spartan Stadium • TV: FOX • Play by Play: Gus Johnson • Analyst: Joel Klatt • Sideline: Jenny Taft
ALL TIME AGAINST THE SPARTANS
• Ohio State leads the all-time series against Michigan State, 31-15. In the Urban Meyer era, the Buckeyes own a 4-2 record against the Spartans. Three of the six match-ups have been decided by seven points or less.
SERIES QUICK FACTS
Overall: Ohio State leads, 31-15
In Columbus: Ohio State leads, 15-9
In East Lansing: Ohio State leads, 16-5
Last Ohio State Win: 48-3, 2017 in Columbus
Last Michigan State Win: 17-14, 2015 in Columbus
Biggest Margin of Victory for Ohio State: 48-3, 2017
Biggest Margin of Victory for Michigan State: 32-7, 1965
Longest Winning Steak for Ohio State: 8, (1975-84)
Longest Winning Steak for Michigan State: 3, (1912-53)
Current Win Streak: Ohio State, 2
When both teams are ranked: Ohio State leads, 13-6
When both teams are ranked in Top 10: Michigan State leads, 3-1
KNOW THY OPPONENT
• Michigan State University was originally founded as the Agricultural College of the State of Michigan in 1855.
• MSU is a “Bike Friendly University” with over 12 miles of biking trails and 20,000 bicycle parking spaces on campus.
• With over 50,000 enrolled students, Michigan State is the 8th largest university in the United States.
• The W.J. Beal Botanical Gardens in East Lansing is the oldest continuously operated garden of its type in the United States. It’s home to more than 2,700 species organized by ecological groupings.
FIVE NOTES TO KNOW
• Dwayne Haskins is currently third in single-season passing (3,053 yards) and 278 yards from passing Joe Germaine’s 20-year old record of 3,330 yards set in 1998.
• In Saturday’s win over Nebraska, J.K. Dobbins eclipsed 2,000 career rushing yards. Teammate Mike Weber achieved the same feat earlier this year, making Dobbins and Weber the first running back duo on the same team to have 2,000 career yards.
• Michigan State features the nation’s No. 1-ranked run defense (71.7 yards/game) and No. 22 overall defense (325.1 yards/game) while Ohio State has the nation’s No. 3 passing offense (369.1 yards/game) and No. 5 total offense (547.2 yards/game).
• Three of the last six meetings between Ohio State and Michigan State have been decided by seven points or less. The Buckeyes won 17-16 in their last trip to East Lansing in 2016.
• Included in Urban Meyer’s 51-4 Big Ten record since the start of the 2012 season is a 24-3 mark in conference road games.